Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?
Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?
- Fire Falling on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26047438-fire-falling
- Air Awakens on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23127048-air-awakens
- Air Awakens Preorder Locations
- Amazon: http://bit.ly/PreorderAirAwakensToday
- Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Awakens-Book-ebook/dp/B00YFCRM6O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438211562&sr=8-1&keywords=air+awakens
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/air-awakens/id1002099234?mt=11
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/air-awakens-elise-kova/1122507951?ean=9781932549928
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Elise_Kova_Air_Awakens?id=NETACQAAQBAJ&hl=en
- Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/air-awakens
- My Website: http://j.mp/EliseKova
Name: Vhalla Yarl
Air Awakens Age: 17-18
Height: 160cm (5′ 3″)
Birthday: Late Summer (Time of the Mother)
Born in: The East (Leoul, Cyven)
Eye Color: Brown, flecked with gold
Hair Color: Ashen Brown
Skin Color: Yellow-tinted tan, golden skinned
Build: Thin boned, small framed
Favorite Food: Lemon Cakes
Personality: Curious, Kind, Determined, Inquisitive
Childhood: Vhalla was born in a small farming town in Leoul, located in the western portion of Cyven (otherwise called the “East”). Her father was a farmer and her mother was the daughter of the postmasters of Hastan (the Eastern Capital). Vhalla’s upbringing was balanced between helping (more like playing in the mud) in the fields where her family grew wheat and receiving a modest education from her mother. When Vhalla was eight her father enlisted as a soldier during the War of the Crystal Caverns, during which time her and her mother fell ill with Autumn Fever. Vhalla overcame the illness, but her mother did not and she died when Vhalla was ten. Her father returned home, the war won, shortly after and relieved their neighbors of the young Vhalla’s care. For her father’s service he was awarded a place in the palace guard in the Southern Capital of the Empire. He took his daughter to the Emperor and asked to trade his place in the guard for an opportunity for Vhalla to work in the palace as an apprentice.
Vhalla was eleven when she began studying under the Master of the Imperial Library, Master Mohned. Shortly after she joined the library staff another girl, Roan, joined as well. Fast friends, the children were eager to welcome the addition of another into their fold when Sareem, a boy about the same age, arrived. The three were mostly diligent to their duties but got into trouble from time to time. Sareem was often the instigator, dragging along a reluctant but willing Vhalla. Roan attempted to be the voice of reason, but to no avail.