BOOK: What I Couldn’t Tell You
AUTHOR: Faye Bird
FORMAT / PUBLISHER: Paperback / Usborne
When love turns to jealousy, when jealousy turns to rage, when rage turns to destruction…
Laura was head over heels in love with Joe. But now Laura lies in a coma and Joe has gone missing. Was he the one who attacked her?
Laura’s sister Tessie is selectively mute. She can’t talk but she can listen. And as people tell her their secrets, she thinks she’s getting close to understanding what happened on that fateful night.
Rating: 5 stars
*I would like to thank Usborne for sending me a paperback of this book.
This doesn’t affect nor influence my review.*
I dived into this book without knowing anything except the fact that I read what’s written at the back of the book. That’s it. I didn’t read much from Goodreads because I didn’t want to spoil myself nor read others’ reviews and whatnot.
Here are some reasons why I gave this 5 f**king stars:
- I thought that the story would just evolve in Laura’s life, but hecK NO! It revealed a lot of things. Good things. Bad things. Unexpected things.
- Family relationship? Friendship circle? Everything was amazingly written. Every page left me astonished as f*ck. Four words. OH MY EFFING GOSH & IT WAS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.
- It was my first time reading something about being SELECTIVELY MUTE. It was such an eye-opening book. Plus point for that!
- Characters were uniquely crafted. Each one had a unique side.
- The ending blew me away. I think I just said “sh*t”.
What I Couldn’t Tell You was a book that everyone should read. It’s underrated, but it deserves the spotlight. Trust me when I give a 5-star rating to a book. It’s an honor to be the first one to give a rating for this book in goodreads. It was such a phenomenal read, folks. Go read it. Go. Go. GO!